Monday, August 26, 2019
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Planting seeds of faith
At UBC, our Children’s Ministry is designed to help children become true disciples of Jesus Christ. We focus on building relationships, teaching God’s word and sowing seeds of faith in the heart of each child who walks through our doors.
All children are invited to join us on Sunday mornings for bible study and fellowship at 9 a.m. Our teachers are committed to helping your children grow and learn more about their faith in Jesus. Our classes are divided by age groups - nursery and preschool meet on the first floor, and Kindergarten - 5th Grade meet on the second floor.
At UBC, we have Family Worship at 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary, where children of all ages are welcome to attend with their families! We also provide extended service for children ages newborn - Kindergarten, where your child can safely learn and play with friends during worship.
For infants - preschool, you can check them in for Sunday Connect and pick them up after worship. For Pre-K and Kinder, you will need to pick them up from their Sunday Connect class and bring them to the first floor to check them in for KidConnect. If you have questions or need help finding where to go, look for one of our greeters to help show you the way!
Our check-in system increases security in our children's and preschool departments and streamlines attendance-taking for our teachers. Follow these instructions to make checking your children in to UBC as simple as possible:
1. When you arrive at church, you will check in your children (babies through 6th grade) on a computer located in the preschool suite or in the 2nd floor hallway. Two stickers will print out. One sticker is for you to keep and one sticker is to place on your child. For babies through 4 years, place the sticker on their backs. For Kindergarten and up, place the sticker on the front left of their shirt. For babies through 4th grade, you will need to show your sticker at pick-up. 5th and 6th graders will be released at 10:20am. They do not need a parent to pick them up.
2. Each child, babies through 4th grade, must be dropped off by a parent or a responsible adult. Children will not be admitted to the room if they arrive alone.
3. For 1st-6th grade, Room 214 will open at 9 a.m. Children may not be dropped off before this time. Before 9:20 a.m., the children will be in Room 214. After 9:20 a.m., take children to their graded Sunday Connect room.
4. Sunday Connect is over at 10:20 a.m. Pick up your child promptly so their teachers may get to worship.
5. Your child will not be allowed into any room until there are two teachers present. The purpose of this rule is to protect children and teachers. Our teachers will do their best to be on time, but if you arrive and there is only one teacher present, you will be asked to stay until another teacher arrives.
6. If your child will be attending KidKonnect (a special program for PreK and Kinder during the worship service), you will indicate this on the computer at check-in. Four stickers will print out. Two will go on your child and you will keep the other two. One is for pick-up from Sunday School and the other for pick-up from KidKonnect.
On Wednesday nights from 6 - 7 p.m. our children gather for Missions (in the Fall) and Music (in the Spring). This a unique time for our children to grow in their love and knowledge of serving and worshiping God!
We love getting our children involved in missions from an early age! During the fall, our children learn about missionaries and the work of the church in different countries around the world. Our Mission Friends (Pre-K and Kinder) and Mission Kids (1st - 6th Grade) gather together to learn and serve, and each semester ends with a service project to support the work of the church globally.
Our Children's Music program is a unique opportunity for infants through 6th grade children to learn to worship God through music. Mini Maestros (ages infant - 3 years) meet all year long in the Preschool Suite on Wednesdays from 6:15-6:45 p.m. Pre-K through 6th grade meet during the Spring Semester only from 6 -7 p.m. and learn about different styles of music, including hand bells and choir