Sunday, August 23, 2020
9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Planting seeds of faith
At UBC, our Children’s Ministry is designed to help children become true disciples of Jesus Christ. We focus on building relationships, teaching God’s word and sowing seeds of faith in the heart of each child who walks through our doors.
All children are invited to join us on Sunday mornings for bible study and fellowship at 9 a.m. Our teachers are committed to helping your children grow and learn more about their faith in Jesus. Our classes are divided by age groups - nursery and preschool meet on the first floor, and Kindergarten - 5th Grade meet on the second floor.
At UBC, we have Family Worship at 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary, where children of all ages are welcome to attend with their families! We also provide extended service for children ages newborn - Kindergarten, where your child can safely learn and play with friends during worship.
For infants - preschool, you can check them in for Sunday Connect and pick them up after worship. For Pre-K and Kinder, you will need to pick them up from their Sunday Connect class and bring them to the first floor to check them in for KidConnect. If you have questions or need help finding where to go, look for one of our greeters to help show you the way!
Our check-in system increases security in our children's and preschool departments and streamlines attendance-taking for our teachers. Follow these instructions to make checking your children in to UBC as simple as possible:
1. When you arrive at church, you will check in your children (babies through 6th grade) on a tablet located right outside of your child's classroom through an application called Brightwheel.
2. Each child, babies through 4th grade, must be dropped off by a parent or a responsible adult. Children will not be admitted to the room if they arrive alone.
3. For 1st-6th grade, Room 214 will open at 9 a.m. Children may not be dropped off before this time. Before 9:20 a.m., the children will be in Room 214. After 9:20 a.m., take children to their graded Sunday Connect room.
4. Sunday Connect is over at 10:20 a.m. Pick up your child promptly so their teachers may get to worship.
5. Your child will not be allowed into any room until there are two teachers present. The purpose of this rule is to protect children and teachers. Our teachers will do their best to be on time, but if you arrive and there is only one teacher present, you will be asked to stay until another teacher arrives.
6. If your child will be attending Kid Connect (a special program for PreK and Kinder during the worship service), you will need to check-in with your child’s Kid Connect Leader in the Preschool Suite with a tablet using Brightwheel.
Wednesday nights are a special time for our children to grow in their love and knowledge of God! Childcare is available from 6 - 8 p.m. to assist parents who are attending activities. Parents are asked to stay on the campus during this time. If you have any questions, please contact .
Preshoolers (infants - 3 year olds) and their parents enjoy play-based music instruction with Kevin Lintz. Mini Maestros will be in the playroom in the Preschool Suite.
August - September & April - July: Fun with Friends (Room 216)
October - December: Kids Music Academy Junior (Room 216)
January - March: Mission Friends (Room 216)
August - September & July: Fun with Friends (Room 214)
October - December: Christmas Pageant (Room 213)
January - March: Kids Music Academy (Room 213)
April - June: Mission Friends (Room TBD)