Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How far out do you book?
A: Church Members may be scheduled up to 15 months in advance for ceremonies in the Sanctuary or Watson Chapel. Confirmation of dates will be given only after a personal conference with the UBC Wedding Representative and by payment of a $100 reservation fee. This fee is non-refundable.
Non-Members may be scheduled up to 12 months in advance for ceremonies in the Sanctuary or Watson Chapel. Confirmation of dates will be given only after a personal conference with the UBC Wedding Representative and by payment of a $200 reservation fee. This fee is non-refundable.
Q: What does the basic fee include?
A: The following are included with basic fees
- Custodian services
- Wedding Coordinator services
- Sound/lighting technician- the lighting/sound technician can provide an audio recording of the ceremony. This arrangement should be made when reservations are confirmed.
- Pre-marital advisement (optional)
Q: What is the physical address of UBC to use on invitations?
A: University Baptist Church 2720 Wabash Avenue Fort Worth, Texas 76109
Q: How do I make a payment? Who do I make checks out to?
A: You may send or bring in a check made out to University Baptist Church
Checks may be mailed to: P.O. Box 101074 Fort Worth, Texas 76185
Q: Can I bring in my own officiant?
A: If the minister performing the ceremony is not on staff at UBC, please inform the UBC Wedding Representative and verify that your minister is legally licensed to marry couples.
Q: Can we get married on a Sunday?
A: Church facilities are not available for weddings on:
- Holidays or holiday weekends, including New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- Dates of Texas Christian University home football games
- Dates of scheduled church activities
Q: Who may be married at UBC?
A: University Baptist Church strongly affirms the Biblical teachings of a traditional marriage between one man and one woman. The church does not sanction and will not permit same-sex marriages.